Center for Applied Economics
Department of Industrial Engineering
University of Chile
Beauchef 851, Santiago, Chile
Millenium Institute for Research in Market Imperfections and Public Policy
Phone: +56 22 9784047
- "Dynamic Effects of Price Promotions: Field Evidence, Consumer Search, and Supply-Side Implications," with Andres Elberg, Pedro Gardete and Rosario Macera, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, vol 17, issue 1 (2019), 1-58. Working paper version
- "Are supermarkets squeezing small suppliers? Evidence from negotiated wholesale prices," with Andres Elberg, The Economic Journal, Vol 128, Issue 610 (2018), 1304-1330. Working paper version. Media Coverage at the LSE Business Review.
- "Structural Estimation of Price Adjustment Costs in the European Car Market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol 49, November (2016), 105-147. Best Paper in IJIO 2016 AWARD Working paper version.
- "Minimum Coverage Regulation in Insurance Markets," with Daniel McFadden and Pau Olivella, SERIEs - Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Vol 6, Issue 3 (2015), 247-278.
- "On the size of Home Bias," Applied Economics, Vol 47, Issue 2 (2015), 123-128. Working paper version.
- "What Drives Trade Allowances? New Evidence from Actual Payments to a Big-Box Retailer," with Andres Elberg. Revise and Resubmit Marketing Science
- "Identifying Food Labeling Effects on Consumer Behavior," with Sebastian Araya, Andres Elberg and Daniel Schwartz. Revise and Resubmit Marketing Science
- "Vertical Integration between Hospitals and Insurers," Ignacio Cuesta and Benjamin Vatter.
- "The Returns to College Choice: Loans, Scholarships and Labor Outcomes," with Ana Maria Montoya and Alex Solis. Revise and Resubmit Journal of Labor Economics
- "Earthquakes and Brand Loyalty: Beyond the Short Term Effects of Stockouts," with Cristian Figueroa and Andres Musalem.
- "Price Setting and Negotiation in the Supermarket Industry," with Andres Elberg and Gautam Gowrisankaran.
- "Financial Education, Disclosure Policy and Credit Market Outcomes," with Ana Maria Montoya and Alex Solis.
- "Remedies for Sick Insurance," with Daniel McFadden and Pau Olivella, NBER Working Paper 17938.
Work in Progress
Last update: August 2020
- "Field Experiments on Seasonal Products and Markdown Pricing, " with Pedro Gardete.
- "Why Mainstream Brands supply Private Labels?," with Andres Elberg and Fernando Luco.
- "Wholesale and Retail Passthrough of Soda Taxes," with Jocelyn Dunstan.
- "Endogenous Coverage in Health Insurance Markets," with Sebastian Fleitas.