Center for Applied Economics
Department of Industrial Engineering
University of Chile
Beauchef 851, Santiago, Chile
Phone: +56 22 9784047
- "Dynamic Effects of Price Promotions: Field Evidence, Consumer Search, and Supply-Side Implications," with Andres Elberg, Pedro Gardete and Rosario Macera, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, forthcoming.
- "Are supermarkets squeezing small suppliers? Evidence from negotiated wholesale prices," with Andres Elberg, The Economic Journal, Vol 128, Issue 610 (2018), 1304-1330. Working paper version. Media Coverage at the LSE Business Review.
- "Structural Estimation of Price Adjustment Costs in the European Car Market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol 49, November (2016), 105-147. Best Paper in IJIO 2016 AWARD Working paper version.
- "Minimum Coverage Regulation in Insurance Markets," with Daniel McFadden and Pau Olivella, SERIEs - Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Vol 6, Issue 3 (2015), 247-278.
- "On the size of Home Bias," Applied Economics, Vol 47, Issue 2 (2015), 123-128. Working paper version.
Work in Progress
Last update: September 2018
- "Does Financial Literacy affects Credit decisions? Evidence from Chile," with Ana Maria Montoya and Alex Solis.
- "Upstream Mergers and Bargaining Power," with Andres Elberg and Gautam Gowrisankaran.
- "Earthquakes and Brand Loyalty," with Cristian Figueroa and Andres Musalem.
- "Field Experiments on Seasonal Products and Markdown Pricing, " with Pedro Gardete.
- "Understanding Retailers' Profitability: The Role of Allowance Payments," with Andres Elberg.